Guitars Are Taking Over The World

Or something like that.

Name:
Location: Linn Creek, Missouri, United States

Married since 1979, with 3 children, and a grandbaby.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Amazing Things

New amazing things. Recently on an outing with my son and daughter-in-law's church, I rode a zip line. AWESOME!. Climbing the hill and the 4,332,092 steps (it seemed like it) of the tower was no picnic. By the time I got to the top, I was out of breath. When the attendant clipped me to a safety line, I got out on the platform. Looking down it was like, "I'm not afraid. I'm not afraid." Actually, I wasn't afraid, I was respectful of the height.

Sitting there waiting to go, I was anxious to go. I didn't know what to expect. I'm good for something new. The attendant counted 1, 2, 3 and we scooted off our seats and we were suspended in air. Riding the line there was not an anxious moment. It supported me all the way. It was COOL! That day, I was 3 pounds over the weight limit (which they said was ok) and cleared some trees by just a few feet. In fact, I tried to kick their tops as I passed over. What a rush. Everyone was, whoa, is he going to break the line? Is he going to get hurt, or hurt someone? Will anyone be able ride this line again? Actually, they said, "ask that guy how much he weights again?"

Another amazing thing. My grandaughter began walking the other day. My son called and said that she had taken about 10 steps the day before, so they wondered if it was just a fluke. But the day he called, she was walking all over the place. He was roaring with laughter because as he said, she doesn't steer very well.

That is so cool. My grandbaby has taken the next step in maturity (excuse the obvious pun). She'll walk right up to me and grab my knees (she's till pretty short and I'm kinda tall). I'm sure there will be a huge smile on her face, I know there will be on mine.

Today, I will spend a couple of hours with our senior saints from the church at a cookout. I love these people, because they are the backbone and in many cases the heart of this congreation. They are supporting the change that is necessary to continue to grow. They are encouraging the whole congregation because they have not retired from Christian service, just adjusted their service to match their changing lives through their senior years. God is so amazing. I pray that all Christians will grow and serve the way these amazing people are.

Did you figure out that my new go to word is AMAZING?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home