Guitars Are Taking Over The World

Or something like that.

Name:
Location: Linn Creek, Missouri, United States

Married since 1979, with 3 children, and a grandbaby.

Monday, September 04, 2006

This has been an amzaing weekend. My son and wife brought the baby by for us to babysit Saturday while they went to the Mizzou game. Madelynn is amazing. We had so much fun. Playing with her, watching how see reacts to everything. God is so incredible. He is the Master of creation but when he created Madelynn, he out-did himself. All his of his creation is amazing, but over the past year since Madelynn's birth, I have seen so much about God, who he is, and what he does. First, there is so much joy to found in God that we often miss it in the busyness and seriousness of the world. But this child, reminds me of the joy we find in God. See, Madelynn seems to find so much happiness when we're around (I know she's happy even when we're not around, but this is my observation after all) that seems to feed off the joy we have for her. God loves us so much, he gives us joy when we are in relationship and fellowship with him because he is filled with joy.

I also got to spend the last 24 hours with my daughter. She has had a difficult summer. I was so happy to see her and spend time with her (especially talking smack while she played softball with the BSU). She reminds me of me in a lot of ways. She loves much of the same stuff that I do, Santana, Joe Satriani, Lord of the Rings, Chevy Nova's, etc. There are other characteristics was well, but as my children grow, I find that they bring me more and more happiness. And spending time with "Leroy" has helped me to see this.

Scripture of the day: Rejoice in the Lord always; I'll say it again, REJOICE! Philippians 4:4 (emphasis mine).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home