Guitars Are Taking Over The World

Or something like that.

Name:
Location: Linn Creek, Missouri, United States

Married since 1979, with 3 children, and a grandbaby.

Friday, December 01, 2006

A Foot of Snow

It's been a while since a winter storm has hit our area and quite a while since I've seen so much snow. We got about 2 inches of ice Wednesday night and Thursday. Thursday night we recieved about a foot of snow. It's really pretty. I can even see where the deer have crossed the yard.

We are stuck on top of the hill. I couldn't get the car up the hill yesterday, so I parked it at the bottom of the hill and walked up to the house.

This kind of snow makes a person want to sit in a recliner and do one of several things
  1. sleep
  2. watch TV and movies
  3. or read.

A couple of posts ago, I mentioned the books I was reading. I haven't read them all because a number of other books have now occupied my attention. I suppose I'll get to them soon. I did read Groucho, and two biographies of Presidents Benjamin Harrison and James Garfield.

Now I am reading several other books:
  • Blue Guitar by Ken Vose
  • Laurel and Hardy, the Magic Behind the Movies by Randy Skretvedt
  • The Hollywood Book of Death by James Robert Parish
  • My Struggle With Faith by Jospeh F. Girzone
  • Help, the Original Human Drama, by Garret Keizer
  • Joining Hands byRoger S. Gottleib
  • Why I Am a Muslim by Asma Gull Hasan
  • Prayers of a God Chaser by Tommy Tenney

An eclectic collection of books I'm sure, but fun, and probably full of sermon illustrations, even understanding certain philosophies and beliefs.

Today is a good day to kick back with a huge cup of coffee in my new Christmas mug and read.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A couple of PS's about the snow.

  1. It is the first tracking snow of the year and it occured on the 30th day of the month. According to folk-lore (which I think is taught in the Farmer's Almanac) we will have 30 days of snow this winter. I may need more books because I will be stuck on the hill quite a bit I imagine.
  2. It is interesting how God slows everything down. WE (meaning people) get so self-important and self-involved and busy, we forget the important things and God slows us down to smell the roses, or in this case, to build a snowman. Don't forget the coal for its eyes and the carrot for his nose. Make him a redneck snowman.
  3. Doesn't the Bible also say, God washes our sins whiter than snow. What a beautiful picture of purity and hope.
Psalm 33:3 The best instrument you have is your heart!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home